File A Claim
For the fastest results, please check the name on your insurance policy and contact the toll free “1-800” phone number listed below for your insurance company. Most insurance companies prefer you to report your insurance claim to them directly. If your insurance company name is not listed immediately below, then contact Mobile Insurance Agency at (800) 458-4320, and we will report your insurance claim to the proper insurance company adjuster. When you call, please be prepared to give the adjuster your name and your policy number, and also be prepared to discuss your claim.
|American Modern Insurance Company||(800) 375-2075|
|Foremost Insurance Company||(800) 527-3907|
|Hanover Insurance Company||(800) 628-0250|
|Texas Mutual Insurance Company||(800) 859-5995|
|Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company||(800) 892-5246|
|First Comp Insurance Company||(888) 500-3344|
For All Other Insurance Companies, please contact Mobile Insurance Agency at (800) 458-4320.
If you don’t have an emergency, please feel free to complete the attached online claim reporting form. While not all areas of the claim report must be completed, the more information you provide, the faster your claim can be handled. Once completed, click on the send button and the form will be emailed to Mobile Insurance. We will forward your claim to your insurance carrier the next business day.
We also encourage you to call us to discuss your claim (800)458-4320 during regular office hours. In the event of an after-hours emergency, feel free to call Mobile Insurance President Kurt Kelley's cell phone at (281)460-8384. If you can't reach someone immediately, leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
"Don’t Do This" - Six (6) Claim Handling Warnings/Recommendations
- Admit liability to the other party, or any witnesses
- Unless you're absolutely 100% sure you are, tell anyone you are fine, prior to being checked out by Medical Professional
- Pay for or Offer to pay for the other party’s damages or medical expenses, absent insurance company approval
- Enter into a settlement agreement with the other party prior to visiting with your insurance company or your legal counsel
- Fail to report your claim immediately to us or your insurance company
- Discuss your claim with any third parties, other than your insurance company or your legal counsel